Tuesday 22 January 2008

What time is it now?

Are you in the same time zone as gmt-greenwichGreenwich? A friend asked me.

I am in Greenwich Time Zone. That make me think that... the first though that came to me in my first walk around London was: how can the oldest and the newest coexist so near one of the other? And it's a harmonic coexistence, I think at least. You see sophisticated buildings near a very old Church. But, there is a kind of respect between them. You walk on the streets and you see people wearing coats that seem to be from 30's, treasures that seem to be from 80's and shoes that definitely came from the far futures. Kids do their Latin homework on their apple laptops.

Maybe Greenwich knew that, although the science, this place has a special relationship with the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi Bah!!! Tudo bem? Faz tempo que não nos falamos, né? Espero que vc esteja aproveitando muito!! Suas fotos estão mto bonitas!! Sempre tive curiosidade de conhecer 'The Greenwich Time Zone" =)
bjão
saudades