Thursday 13 March 2008

What about the gifts?

For some reason I haven't realised, I took the first flight to Brazil, not caring the high price I would pay for buy the ticket so close to the trip. Whatever, the matter was be back in Brazil as soon as possible.

I had just left the passengers area in Airport of Guarulhos, and my parents came to meet me. My brother couldn't leave the job, because he hadn't have time enough to notice his absence and, as my parents explained, he would have a very important meeting that day, though he was going to be manager next month.

Then, my whole family, that is really, really big, as is expected of a Italian family, went to our house in the countryside, and we made barbecue to commemorate I was back home. At this point I couldn't understand why I hadn't bought gifts neither for my friends or my family. It was so embarrassing, that I wasn't able to explain.

After families meeting, I went to the city to visit some people with who I worked before going to London. One of them used to be my boss, and we talked about I return to work with her, in the same company. "Well...", I answered, "Maybe when I come back".

So I woke up, and that very pale sunlight coming throw the window, and the raindrops on its glass, reminded me that I hadn't ever left London. What was much better, after all, because I can not even imagine going back to Brazil without gifts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahha....when i started reading the post, te first thing that i thought was: "i cant believe that she back to brazil and didnt told me!!!!!"

ufa.... i was wrong... but we will have time to get gifts before come to brazil. :)

bb said...

hehehh ebaaaaa, hahah!

Anonymous said...

hi bb
its nice one gifts is very important in life
if someone give u gift never say no
heheheheheheh