Monday 24 March 2008

The Castle of Windsor

100_0222 The biggest occupied castle in the word, that is said. Well, there isn't many kings anymore, so it's not really a difficult thing, is it?

Anyway, the Castle is huge and very well preserved, of course it might be because the Queen still spend some time of the year there.

The charge to visit the castle is quite expensive, but It was the first time I've been in a royal home, though in Brazil the houses of the Emperor were only small palaces (and I haven't actually visit none of them). I just felt sorry for not be allowed to take pictures inside.

They say the Queen spend about three months is this Castle. I was wondering if every time she goes there she walk around and check every part. I mean, there's so many things... The church, for example, contains a unaccountable amount of memorials, names, details... It would be too much for one person to know and to remember everything, and there's still many others palaces and places.

I'm not sorry for the Queen, no way. But how different might be her look to all this things, comparing to our flâneur look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi Bah tudo bem? Qdo vc volta? Saudades!! Bah, eu não entendi direito, vc chegou a visitar o castelo? Depois que que vc me conte tudo, morro de curiosidade!! bjão

Anonymous said...

Me again!!
Where are you honey???
Any news???
kisses